Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Under tree and Sun

The familiar players on the stage of self-aggrandisement take position. I do battle by looking away and upward, trying to remember the simpleness of my smile, the way to feel at home both in my body and in society. I long for the combination of freedom and security than only that which is Light can bring.

Feel like I’m taking a bit more control over “destiny”, stumbling a lot, but more actively forming and shaping the life I want to have, the impression I wish to guide people on, what I wish to give to them. It turned out to be a jolly sort of day. Why haven’t I spent more time in certain meadows, under the trees and wild brushes of the raw land? I’ve rather stayed indoors, curled unhappily on my blue bed-spread, enjoying the unconditional company of cats. After brief moments under the whispering shelter of twin pines, I’m revived. Resilient enough to bend away the working, to laugh openly, and stretch etheric fingertips towards those around me. How often I recoil away from others, as if they were walking hot stoves. There is immediate strength in happiness, in knowing your path even a few hours ahead, in forgetting to feel uncomfortable in your own skin.

The daylight now lingers until the nearness of 10pm approaches. Under the strengthening Sun ever more of myself is laid bare. Little faults like little weeds between the plants eeking toward maturity; soft, pliable and generously fertile soil piles up under the eaves of the tiller like a richness of being I’m beginning to savour. The Earth spins toward her zenith, toward her state of ripening motherhood, and I relish the taste of sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment