Monday, June 22, 2009

Catching breath

Summer Solstice, when everything comes to fulfillment. Our dreams of roses are now blossoms, our memories of tender strawberries are now abundance in excess. Everywhere is green and good, and ravishing in the plentiful rain. We see today, the longest day, under cover of cloud, and yet there is no mistaking the brightness. Summer has arrived, beaming, her hands laden with gifts.

I guess I always wanted Love to be an emotion, the better to understand and grasp it, being myself of an emotional nature. I was waiting around for it, an empty vessel waiting to feel, and thereby became all the more confused and injured. What one can feel for another is indescribable, it is as close to real life maybe, as we can get. Or is it? All along the path I’ve been sorting out spirituality and Love. Seeking for the real Truth as I seek for the true application and depth of Love. How does it really feel? asks the girl whose almost entire being is feeling. Love, I think, transcends feeling, and here would be the point where the trauma arises for me. Can I find a way to understand, no rather, to recognize, that which defies feeling? Like a fish asked to understand the furor of a volcano. Yes, possible, but out of their element, and only plainly visible as an aftermath. But what about the present? I’m struggling to understand it as a present happening, to recognize it as it occurs.

Gusts of wind today, things are opening up. New life takes in new breath, and the air is always the first ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment