Saturday, May 30, 2009

Opening

With Nature primed, we wait for the outpouring of Life, for Summer to ratify our dreams of development, for the choices we have made to be proven wisdom or folly. A new little green fruit am I, fresh hope clinging thinly yet powerrfully as the rind around my juvenille core. The little lessons of life, the delicate leaves smiling with their freshness of green, soon to be replaced by stoic and resplendant tones. All is close to hardening-off, all have left the fear of terminating frost behind, all straighten up rejoicing in soft rain, soft breezes and soft sunlight.

I ask myself if I continue in good faith the path I set out on; the path I chose willingly as one who dedicates her life to God. Do I keep the way? In all things, living and breathing, do I earn the blessings of life? My fellow men I focus on; I see kindness so easily dolled out, and selfless service given. Untiring it can seem to me, who so often seeks an independent solitude, and seeks not to trouble others. In the balancing game of taking and giving, do I starve myself of air through this desire not to be a bother?

Now finally, I seek to take responsibility for my life in a new way. Beyond what is fulfilled through material means, beyond accepting what is graciously given by those around me, I want to bring into being those images of happiness and beauty I carry within. For another season we are granted life, we are granted the chance to develop, we are granted the strength to go forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment