Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Transform into the second phase

Suddenly I catch myself looking at the world from a different perspective, and thereby feeling more indigenously rooted in my own self. Maybe the struggle to adopt the right way for life is succumbing to a much messier, dirtier, experiential path, where the wagon ruts are my own making. Splashing mud upon my nervously clean visage, and learning to put away the shaky, gloved regard for living, I'm feeling at once more beaten up and more resilient. This is the season, too, when dreams of Spring begin to take former hold on reality, and the potential of seed evolves into the fragile yet plainly material earthly sprout. They shine out of the rough and battered ground unabashedly in their gentle happiness, lifting tiny faces toward the Sun while plummeting roots into the mashed tangle of living soil. So much of what I have encountered in life seems to be mostly example and suggestion, with the living Truth waiting to be approached and experienced.

Add to that that there's no going back, only moving forward into the next phase of development. The same simple questions are with me, but they have changed as I have changed, their subtlety or coarseness reflects my own and what I am able to comprehend at any given moment. With the fluidity of life at hand, I'm grateful for the earthiness I'm beginning to adopt - little roots for when the rain blows rivulets of experiencing here and there. How sad I am still, and still confused, but more at home now in my own being, more willing just to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment